Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question? We've got the answer! Well, not to the meaning of life, or anything like that... But if you would like more info about our products or services, check out the frequently asked questions below.
Flawless Curl Kit - Tips and Advice
Unlike many other brands, both the curler and the scrunchies in our Flawless Curl Kits are made from Grade 6A, 22 momme, pure Mulberry silk - so they need special care. But don't worry – it’s pretty easy to keep them in great shape, so that they last a really long
We suggest using only water in your hair whilst your curler is in. Then, once you have created your
luscious curls, you can use some serum or your hair product of choice, style as usual.
If you find you do need to use hair products prior to curling, it's possible those hair products might stain the silk fabric. In which case, we would suggest purchasing a Flawless Curl Kit in True Ebony as this will disguise any marks more easily. For washing instructions, check out our FAQ - Caring For Your Jolie Silk Accessories
Silk fabric is very sensitive to light and can develop discoloured and faded areas if left unprotected. We suggest that you use the organza bag provided with your Flawless Curl Kit to store it (its made from a breathable fabric which is great for silk). Then - provided it is completely dry - you can pop the bag into a cupboard or a drawer, ready to use again next time.
Well, that depends… how short are we talking? If you’ve got a pixie cut, that’s gonna be a no.
But if your hair is long enough to be wrapped right around the curler, then you too can have Flawless Curls! 😁
If you do have shorter hair, you may find that angling the curler towards the back of your head, rather than wrapping straight down the two sides of your face is much easier. This method will make it easier to wrap the hair that‘s in the middle, closest to your parting.
If you need any more help, please contact us at email@example.com .
And if you’ve tried our curler with shorter hair, we’d LOVE to see the results. Tag us on Instagram @jolie_silk or on TikTok @joliesilklondon
Caring for your Jolie Silk Accesories
- It's best to wash your silk accessories in cool/cold water, using a PH neutral liquid detergent (wool or silk).
- Avoid using a powdered detergent, hand soap, shampoo, body wash etc.
- Please do not leave to soak in the soapy water and do not use fabric softener.
- Wash gently (do not scrub) and make sure all soap has been fully rinsed off, before drying.
- Air dry, away from direct sunlight.
- Please do not wring your silk accessories or use a tumble dryer.
- For our curlers and scrunchies, use a paper towel to blot off excess water - squeezing very gently - then leave to air dry overnight. It may take up to 24 hours for your curler to dry fully. By the way, the curler may look a little creased initially, but the wrinkles should start to fall out without about 24 hours of drying.
We hope you will love each and every purchase from Jolie Silk, but we appreciate we may not always get things right.
For full details of our returns policy, click here.
Yes, we do! We want the whole world to enjoy our lovely products, so ship to most countries.
Check out our delivery rates here .